Need help with your fantasy-golf lineups for this week’s RSM Classic? Our fantasy-golf experts are here to help.
From picks to win to DraftKings bargains to players to avoid, here are some options for you to consider:
- Projected champion: J.J. Spaun. Love his game and he not only was second last year at Sea Island, but he also is coming off a T-3 finish in Mexico.
- Also like: Webb Simpson and C.T. Pan. Simpson is the top-ranked player in the field and has three top-12s here in his career. Pan was just T-16 at Mayakoba and has cracked the top 13 in both previous RSM starts.
- Sleeper: Lucas Glover. In a weak field, not many may be sleeping on Glover, but it’s hard to overlook his three straight top-17s to begin the fall.
- DraftKings bargain: Curtis Luck ($6,400). This is more of a gut pick, as Luck has missed three of his last four cuts. But I think Sea Island will give him a chance to rely more on his strong short game.
- Fade: Peter Uihlein. Case of name being better than current form.
- Projected champion: Russell Henley. He’s definitely a fan of this place, considering he’s finished in the top 10 in three straight trips here. His form is coming back, too, as a top 30 in Mexico proved.
- Also like: Chesson Hadley and Kevin Kisner. Hadley has never had a high finish here, but he enters this week with a T-2 and a T-7 amongst his last three starts. Kisner is almost the opposite, as his form has been rough following the PGA Championship but he’s a past winner at RSM and boasts two other top 5s here. Going to trust him as a course horse this week.
- Sleeper: Jason Dufner. Last time he played here, he finished top 10. Dufner is also coming off a nice, solid top 25 in Mexico.
- DraftKings bargain: Stephan Jaeger ($6,800). He has quietly posted a pair of top 20s this fall. His performance at the RSM Classic last year was pretty nice, too, as he finished T-29.
- Fade: Jim Furyk. He might be tempting with a T-6 or better in two of his last three starts as well as three top-11 showings at this event. But Furyk has been pretty up and down of late (missed cut in Vegas, T-71 at PGA). At a high price, if he has an off week, Furyk could be a huge waste of money in fantasy.